The Dino Mk3 is a high performance phono amplifier which at an affordable price gives you tremendous value.
Designed for transparency and realism, this superb sounding amplifier is based on the fore-running Dino Mk1 and Dino Mk2 phono stages which have won many awards and accolades along the way.
Whether you have an ultra-low output Moving Coil cartridge or a high output Moving Magnet the Dino Mk3 will cope easily. A set of user friendly switches on the base of the unit allows you to simply adjust load and gain settings.
These settings are vital to match the amplifier to the cartridge and obtain the best sonic result. If your current phono stage only has a couple of options for this function, eg a MM/MC switch, then you are missing out on the ability to tune your system to it’s optimum.
An entire upgrade path exists for this product which allows you to improve performance each step of the way.
Two main items are required for operation – the Dino Mk3 phono stage itself and an accompanying power supply.
Start with the basic ac Toroidal Power Supply and work your way up in performance by upgrading to the ‘Dino+’ dc power supply, or ultimately to the ‘Never Connected’ dc power supply. An upgrade from the ‘Dino+’ to the ‘Never Connected’ is also possible by returning your unit to us to upgrade the electronics.
To further enhance the sonic performance of these dc power units an upgrade ‘High Performance Power Lead’ is available to replace the supplied dc power lead.
Stereo phono amplifier for Moving coil and Moving magnet cartridges. Fully passive equalisation between two active gain stages.
Switch selectable cartridge resistance loading (DIP 1 and 2)
- 33 ohms For Moving Coil cartridges
- 100 ohms For Moving Coil cartridges
- 1000 ohms For Moving Coil cartridges
- 47,000 ohms For Moving Magnet and some Moving Coil cartridges
Switch selectable capacitance loading (DIP 1 and 2)
- 100pF For Moving Magnet and Moving Coil cartridges
- 1000pF For Moving Coil cartridges
Please refer to your cartridge specification for correct loading settings.
Switch selectable gain (DIP 3 and 4)
Cartridge Type Sensitivity
- MC Very Low: 100uV to 250uV (74dB)
- MC Low: 250 to 400uV (70dB)
- MC Normal: 400uV to 1mV (63dB)
- MC High/MM Low: 1 to 3mV (52dB)
- MM High: 3 to 5mV (48dB)
RIAA reproduction characteristics
- 20Hz to 20,000Hz +/-0.25dB
- Output voltage: 0.5V at 1KHz
Power supply requirements
The Dino Mk2 can be powered from either an AC or a DC power supply.
- AC requirements: two independent supplies of: 0v / 18v ac, 0v / 18v ac.
- DC requirements: two independent supplies of: 0v /-22vdc , 0v / +22vdc
- To avoid problems only use Trichord power supplies.
Dimensions and Weight
Overall case dimensions for Dino Mk2: 185mm x 58mm x 112mm (D x H x W)
- ‘Dino+’ PSU
- Standard AC PSU